Thursday, March 26, 2009

Canon Professional Services...Where is the Love?

As a life long Canon user, I'm more than just a little upset about Canon now charging professionals for their Canon Professional Services memberships.  While I can ALMOST understand their need to charge something (like FedEx'ing 300mm 2.8 lenses for free), there should have been a little more thought put into the structure of the program.  The biggest gripe, is Canon now dictating WHAT equipment you must own to qualify for CPS membership.  Not all cameras (some that can deliver pro quality images) are on their list.

Instead of me ranting further , take a look at longtime friend, Chicago photographer, Joe Pobereskin's Blog.  I have also made a comment over on his blog about the CPS story.
It's a tough economy and spending money on CPS will need to be one of those luxuries that get cut from yearly overhead.

I'm off to shoot a CD cover for the upcoming band,  "The Stickers" so I best start packing....

No comments:

Post a Comment